Wednesday, February 11, 2015

First Impression & Swatches: Burberry Eye Colour Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadows in Stone 101 and Porcelain 100

So... when I saw Burberry reformulated their eyeshadows, I got impulsive and ordered two, the Eye Colour Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadows in Stone 101 and Porcelain 100. They literally came a half hour ago and I tore open the box, expecting all sorts of pretties. I must say I'm kind of underwhelmed for the time being. I knew I was ordering two light colors from the little icons on the website, and I kind of had an idea of what to expect from Porcelain, but I had *no* clue on Stone. Since I have yet to actually wear them on my eyeball, I'm reserving judgement, but I knew I wanted to get these pictures posted so other people have a better idea of what they're dealing with.

So, basically, in the pan, Stone looks like the matte version of Porcelain.

On the skin, I'd say Stone is a matte, SUPER light brown/putty color that is a teeeeensy bit darker than the original (and discontinued?) Trench. Porcelain is a shimmery flesh-toned color that's not quite peach, but not quite pink, but not quite champagne.

When they're wet, Stone looks almost identical to the original Almond, which I hear has been redone and is now an even more neutral brown than the warm-tinged original. Porcelain definitely amps up the champagne factor. I'm sure a lot of people have dupes or something similar in their collections already, but if you don't, or you're in the market for a high-end version, Porcelain will probably fit the bill.

Stone; Porcelain. With flash, in indirect lighting.

Stone; Porcelain. Indirect lighting, no flash.
Stone on bottom; Porcelain on top. I just used the sponge-applicator, swiped four times. No flash.
Stone on bottom; Porcelain on top. With flash.
Stone; Porcelain. Applied wet.
Trench; Stone. Applied with sponge-tipped applicator and swiped four times.
Once I actually get to play around with them on my eyes, I'll hopefully have something more insightful to say that vague color descriptions. :)

No comments: