Thursday, December 4, 2014

One In, One Out

 Since the whole point of this year and the upcoming year is to whittle my stash down to my absolute favorite things, I'm going to try really hard to stick with the "One in, one out," rule. Meaning, if I buy something new (not as a staple replacement, like mascara), then something of like-category has to go out. Sooo... since I just bought the Lancome Juicy Tube set, it's time for something to get the boot.

IN!!!

OUT!!!
Since I just finished the IT Cosmetics gloss and the Maybelline Nearly There lipstick, I figured adding the C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve and the NYX Butter Gloss in Merengue equaled out to my four lip products. I can't even tell you when I bought the Rose Salve. It's been years, I know that. And while I obviously made a dent in it, I'm generally not a fan of potted products anymore, plus this one never really did much for my lips and the smell gets overwhelming after a while. Also, I wasn't liking the way NYX's Merengue looked with my skin. I LOVE the other two that came in the set last Christmas (Creme Brulee and Apple Strudel) because they're warmer and seem to go better with my coloring. I can tell you exactly how many times I've worn Merengue out of the house in the past year - three. Three TIMES since last Christmas. I've tried it on a dozen more times than that, but usually end up wiping it off and going with something else. So, needless to say, it's time to find a new home for Merengue and just trash the Rose Salve and all it's hidden germiness.

No comments: