Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Beauty Plan

I'm pretty much following my beauty resolutions from last year (original post), meaning...
  1. Use the beauty stuff that I already own. 
  2. Don't buy new stuff unless it's to replace a necessity, or it's totally unique and I haz to have it, precious!!! 
  3. Purge the bad stuff.
This is what I did throughout 2014 and I think it worked well for me. It's allowed me to use up some stuff and also to see what actually works for me and suits my current tastes/needs. I'm past the point of hanging on to things in the hopes that they will one day work. Life's too short, people!

I've also decided I'm going to rotate my collection slightly differently than before (original post). Instead of picking a card/new item every week, I'm going to pick a palette for the month and I'm going to commit to using it at least five times a week. On the "off" days, I'm going to use my singles/trios/quads (I'm just going to pick these at random). I was thinking about doing a "pan that palette" challenge with some of the YouTubers who are focusing on the Lorac Pro palette, but I know myself and I know I would get bored or discouraged. Plus, I would feel bad that 99% of my eyeshadows were just sitting there, not getting used. I know powder doesn't "expire" like cream products, but I bought everything for a reason and I want to see that it gets used. 

So, here are the palettes I'll be working from:
  • Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nudes 
  • Cargo Vintage Escape
  • IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette
  • Lancome and MAC customized palette
  • Lorac Pro 
  • Lorac Pro 2
  • Lorac Unzipped 
  • Urban Decay Naked 1
  • Urban Decay Naked 2
  • Urban Decay Naked 3
  • Urban Decay Naked Basics
  • Urban Decay Naked2 Basics
Some modifications: Whenever I'm using one of the original Naked palettes, I'm probably going to pair it with a Basics so I get more matte variety (the same goes for my Bobbi Brown palette, too). Some people say that's how they were intended anyway - as companion palettes - so I'm going to give it a whirl. In the months that I'm using Naked Basics and Naked2 Basics as the staple, I'm probably going to pull in some of my singles/trios to use, just for variety sake. As long as I'm using at least two colors out of the palette, I think I'm good. 

As far as the rest of my makeup goes, I'm steadily working through other categories, such as concealer, powder, lipstick/lip gloss and eyeliner. As soon as I use something up, I just move on to the next one until I get down to the stuff that I love and will end up repurchasing. My mascara stash pretty much consists of Cover Girl Lash Blast and whatever random sample/gift with purchase I've gotten, so there's really no concern there.

Skincare, bath stuff, and hair care is pretty much the same as the rest of my makeup - I'm working through what I have and will only repurchase what I actually love. Thankfully, I think my skincare routine is pretty much nailed down and I have a feeling I'm going to be spending most of 2015 working through a back stock of bath and hair care products. 

Happy New Year, everyone! 

No comments: