Monday, November 24, 2014

Finish Six by Christmas Update

Here's the original post and the first update. Today I bring you an exciting second update!


I'm not sure how well it photographed, but I'm almost done with the mini bottle of Mario Badescu Facial Spray. The line is halfway between the bottom of the label and the bottom of the bottle. I'd say this only has two or three days left, at most. I'm definitely going to be able to polish that off. And I'm also keeping the mini bottle because I think it'll be fantastic for traveling.


I finished Maybelline Nearly There lipstick early in the month and I have to say that I'm quite happy about it. It was a beautiful color, but wearing it day in and day out kind of got old. I contemplated buying Hourglass Rouge Velvet Creme lipstick in Whisper as a replacement for it, but I keep stopping myself. I guess I'm pretty happy with how downsizing my lipsticks are going that I don't feel the need to add to it right now.

I'm also pretty excited by the progress in Urban Decay's Sellout eyeshadow! Once you hit pan, this stuff seems to go pretty quickly. And now that I've hit major "ring" (apparently it's the new term for using up all of the product along the outer edge/ring), it's getting really crumbly. I have to keep pressing it back into place with my finger otherwise it starts flaking up. I could just repress it with isopropyl alcohol, but I a) don't want to "undo" all of my visible hard work and b) I'm worried it'll mess with the texture.So, I guess we'll see.

And nothing really new to report on the Cargo Texas Lash mascara or the Lancome Maquicomplet Concealer. The mascara is still just mediocre in my opinion. The concealer's doe foot wand keeps coming up with less and less product, so I imagine it's nearing the bottom. I might have to take the stopper out one of these days to get a better assessment of what's going on in there. 

It's the final push, people! The next update will be the grand finale! And in case you want to jump on board, a lot of YouTubers are going to do a "Finish Seven by Spring" project pan. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do that too, but I haven't decided which products I'm including. I guess I better decide quickly, since there's only a month or so left!

No comments: