Sunday, November 30, 2014

Empties #6

Since I'm terrible about sticking to a specific month or any time table, for that matter, I figured I'd just wait until my Sephora bag is full before I post my empties. So, here's number six in no particular order. It's quite the mix this month, if I do say so myself.



Ralph Lauren Romance Body Wash - This smells lovely, but it doesn't lather very well. I ended up mixing it with my Aveeno body wash to get the lather and smell that I liked. I wouldn't seek this out to repurchase, but if it came in another gift set, then I wouldn't complain.

HEMPZ Body Sensitive Skin body wash - This was a freebie, obviously. It was ok. I wouldn't purchase a full size, though.

HEMPZ Body Sensitive Skin body lotion - Another freebie. It smelled like an oatmeal cookie, even though it said it was fragrance free. Aveeno also has oatmeal in it and they don't smell anything alike. It moisturized well enough, but I wouldn't purchase a full size in this either.

Bath and Body Works Crisp Morning Air Hand Cream - I liked this when I first got it, but after a while the apple smell got to be overwhelming. It is definitely a thicker hand cream, but it does manage to sink in after a few minutes. I don't see myself repurchasing this, though. I prefer a less smelly hand cream for day to day use.

H2O Spa Unscented Hand and Nail Cream - This was ok. I got it as part of a set many moons ago. It wasn't very thick, which can be a perk, but I didn't think it did anything particularly special. I wouldn't repurchase.


Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner - These were great when I first got them. It made my hair super soft and it smelled nice. But after a while, they stopped working like they used to and I was happy to just be rid of them. I may repurchase in the future, but I doubt it.

CLEAR Total Care Shampoo (not pictured - just use your imagination) and Conditioner - I only bought these because they were out of the frizz control variety. The Total Care was ok. Not my favorite. And the shampoo isn't featured because the black part where the product comes out separated from the rest of the bottle and shampoo would just ooze out. So gross. This was nice enough, but no wow factor. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Pantene Silky Moisture Whip - This is my second can, so I obviously like it enough that I bought it a second time, but when it was time to replace it I actually went with the Dove version just out of sheer curiosity. I like that this was a mousse, but it didn't leave my hair crunchy.

Tresemme Tres Two Hairspray x 2 - When I finished the big can, I moved on to my little one. I think, as far as hairspray goes, that this could be Holy Grail material. I have some other stuff I'm working through right now, but I have another big bottle waiting in the wings.


Lancome Fabric eyeshadow - This was a pale, slightly shimmery ivory/champagne color that was a smidgen darker than MAC Shroom. Maybe more along the lines of MAC Brule, but with shimmer. It was a good base/blending color or a really subtle highlight. I wouldn't repurchase only because I have a zillion similar colors in better/softer formulas.

Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliners in Midnight Master (black) and Bold Brown (dark brown) - If I had to pick a favorite drugstore eyeliner, these would be them. That being said, however, I am really attached to my Stila Smudge Sticks. They're in identical packaging and more than likely come from the same facility, but the Stila ones are much softer/easier to blend. Plus, they come in more colors. So, if I was in a pinch, I would repurchase the Maybelline ones, but if I get a choice, I'll stick with Stila. Here's my Swatch Wars post featuring these two, if you're curious.

Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium - I'm already on my second tube. I had this one for six months before it finally got to the point where it was flaky and goopy and I figured it was just time for a new one. Ultimate lazy-brow-day product.

IT Cosmetics Vitality Butter Gloss in Perfect Nude - This is the second of these glosses that I've finished, but I don't think I'd repurchase at this point. I think I like their CC Lip Serum better (it's a slightly smoother formula) and I just bought all of those Lancome Juicy Tubes... so... yeah. Also, I tried using everything out of the bottom, but I just couldn't get it all. I took the stopper out, turned it upside down, put it in hot water, steamed it in the shower. Nothing! That bit at the bottom would NOT move, just like the other tube. So, I'm not that heartbroken about it.


Purpose Gentle Cleanser - Have I declared this as my Holy Grail facial cleanser yet? If not, HG MATERIAL!!! There. I said it. It smells lovely, foams nicely, takes off my makeup in one washing and doesn't dry out my skin. I've repurchased this umpteen times and I have another bottle going now. Here's my original post/review on this gem. 

Olay Pro X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser - I got this in 2011 (original post) and it was just time to use it up and get it out of my flippin' shower. I ended up using it as a body scrub, too, although the granules were far too small to do anything effective. I usually only used this is the morning or when I didn't have makeup on, so I can't really attest to how well it worked in that area. I would not repurchase, however.

Pixi Glow Tonic - I love this toner. I just found out about it earlier this year (apparently it's a dupe for a very expensive European toner) and when I ran out, I bought a second bottle. It smells a little medicinal, but I don't mind it. I typically only use this at night, so it lasted me from February until November, but I know plenty of people in the beauty world who use this twice a day. 

Finacea - I didn't know if I should put this in here or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt. It's a prescription for people with acne and/or rosacea and I've had great success with it. This little tube lasted me three weeks of nightly use, so a little bit goes a long way. It hasn't dried my skin out at all, like some people said, and I've never had any burning or tingling. I have a full size tube that I'm working on now, but I seriously think it'll last me an entire year, or close to it, which is a good thing because this stuff is expensive, even with decent insurance...

Mario Badescu Almond & Honey Facial Scrub - This little sample smelled divine! I love almond anything, so I was super excited to try this. The granules weren't to my liking (too big of chunks sporadically mixed in, so you never knew what you were getting), but the smell alone made it a pleasant experience. I wouldn't repurchase, though.

Mario Badescu Orange Protective Cream - Another sample size that smelled awesome! The "protective creams" are designed to be worn in harsh weather, either over your moisturizer or in lieu of it, depending on your skin. I definitely like it for winters here in Po'Dunk. Between the cold, wind, and dryness of heated buildings, it's nice to smooth this on day or night. Plus, it smells like a dreamsicle! 

Mario Badescu Hyalauronic Eye Cream - This is a really nice eye cream to use at night and in the morning, even under makeup. It's not tacky or goopy or super thin. I'd say it's a medium "weight" eye cream. It's not an oily or goopy mess, but it doesn't soak in in two seconds like some gel-based formulas and leave your eye area dry again. The tub also lasts quite a long time. I think I bought this in April (I'm about 99% sure, since that's when I went on a Mario Badescu kick) and it JUST ran out at the end of November. So, 1 oz may not seem like a lot initially, but you only need a little dab. I already bought a second tub.

Thanks for reading my random rambles about trash. :) 

No comments: