Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Second Most Epic Empties Post Ever!

Since I can't do these things on time.... here's August and September's pile of stuff, in no particular order.


My purged eyeshadows from the Flirt! 40 palette (except the far right column) because either a) I have a similar color in a better texture or b) I didn't like the color or c) the payoff wasn't very good. The top right corner is actually MAC Electra. It's turns a weird silvery-blue on me that's not cute. Plus, I've had this for years and I hardly ever use it, so I will definitely not be repurchasing. The (mostly) used up eyeshadow beneath Electra is MAC Shroom. For being as pale as I am, I had one heck of a time getting this to even show up on my skin. I didn't even get that pretty wash of shimmer everyone talks about without PACKING it on and dealing with massive fallout. So, no. No more Shroom for me. And the bottom right corner is Lancome's The New Black. It's almost identical to Urban Decay's Creep, therefore, I have no need to repurchase.


Empty face products! I love Clinique's Perfectly Real foundation and after I get through my IT Cosmetics CC Cream (or if I need a heavier duty foundation in the meantime) I'll definitely repurchase. Next is MAC's Blot Powder. It was ok. I guess. My skin is getting to the point where I don't need an oil-control/super matte powder, so I was happy to get this out of my collection. Unless someone has a trick to getting the concealer out of the very bottom of the MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW15, I'd say this puppy is done. Shaking, pumping, nothing works. That little bit will NOT budge from the bottom. I actually bought a backup of this (stupidly) before I tried the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly. So... I'll probably use the second tube under my eyes, but it's too dark for my face, unless I'm wearing foundation. 


Empty eye products, including a very dingy looking clear Maybelline Great Lash. This is what I was using to set my brows before I tried Benefit's Gimme Brow. I actually have a backup of this already, so no need to repurchase for the time being. And yes... three Cover Girl Lash Blasts. But they're all different! One is brown, one is black, and the other is a waterproof black. The non-waterproof versions are actually dried out, but the waterproof one just had a funky smell. Plus it reached it's six month mark, so it's time to go. Below that is the dual-ended Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Whiskey and Zero (the one that actually came with the original Naked palette, if that's any clue as to how old it is). And last but not least is Too Faced Perfect Eyeliner in Perfect Storm. It was a pretty charcoal with silver glitter, but I doubt I would repurchase it or the UD 24/7s because I don't like having to sharpen my eyeliners. Do I sound like a broken record yet?


Empty lip stuff... On the top row is Maybelline Color Whispers in Pin up Peach and Made it Mauve and IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush in Love Story. I wouldn't repurchase any of them. The Color Whispers were actually kind of drying on my lips and the IT Cosmetics one turns a weird fuchsia stain on my lips. Yuck. The middle row is Jack Black Lip Balm in Black Tea & Blackberry, Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment, Lypsyl, and Jack Black Lip Balm in Shea Butter & Vitamin E. I have a backup of the Lypsyl, since Walgreens sucked me in with their $0.99 deal, but there are times I don't appreciate its mintyness. The Fresh Lip Treatment was a rip off for how meh it turned out to be compared with how expensive it was. Jack Black is really bordering on Holy Grail status for me, but only their Shea Butter one... I love tea,  but the Black Tea/Blackberry was overpowering, especially if you tried to eat or drink anything after putting it on. I have several more Jack Blacks to get through, but I'm pretty sure they're all the Shea Butter ones from here on out. And finally, the lipgloss at the bottom is the IT Cosmetics Vitality Butter Gloss in Naturally Pretty. I actually took the stopper out to get the last bits out. I guess I could have melted it down a little more in a hot car or something, but I still say that's pretty darn good for a lip gloss. I'm trying out the IT Cosmetics CC Lip Serum gloss in Laugh and it's pretty similar to Naturally Pretty, so I have no need to repurchase. 


I'm purging two of my oldest perfumes - J. Lo Glow and Burberry Tender Touch. It pains me to get rid of either of them, but they're too old, turned sharp, and give me a headache any time I try to wear them. I pretty much rotate between two fragrances these days and I couldn't even tell you the last time I wore either of the two above. 


Starting from the top left, there's Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock in SPF 100. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't like how it a) dries out my skin, b) the white film it leaves all of my clothes, purse strap, car door, etc., and c) how it never really sinks in and remains greasy despite it's "Dry Touch" claim. Next is the Dove Visible Care body wash. See a more in-depth review here. And yes, I have already bought another one. Lastly is the Aveeno Stress Relief lotion. I have another bottle. I don't know if it actually works on stress relief, but it smells nice and there are days I tell myself it's working, even if it's just a placebo effect. On the bottom left is Eucerin's Intensive Repair hand cream. It sucked. It was greasy and thick, but somehow my hands were still parched. No on the repurchase. Then there's Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Grin & Bare It Body Lotion. It also sucked and wasn't very moisturizing. My original review is here, from 2011. My how opinions change. Next is Crabtree & Evelyn's Hand Therapy in Citron. This was nice, especially for summer, because of the citrusy scent. I'd probably pick up another one if I saw it at Ulta. And finally, Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream. This I would repurchase. It's thick, but not greasy, and there's no smell, which I appreciate. 


Here's a smattering of facial products. Only one Absolute Brightening Essence Mask, because I suck at remembering to do them. I still have quite a few left, lucky me. Next is my Mario Badescu Honey Moisturizer. I actually bought one of those beauty spatulas to scrape this puppy clean. Love it! On to another bottle already. I also tried a sample of the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner. It was ok. I liked that it was blue (knowing full well that color doesn't matter in regard to efficacy). I prefer the Pixi Glow Tonic, though, because it has a higher percentage of glycolic. Then we have a super old bottle of Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, which I'm happy to be rid of. It's ok and did its job, but I hate having to go through someone to get a product. If I can't order it online or in a store, then I don't want it. And lastly, we have Almay Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads. I typically use the oil-free version and I like them, but this kind burned my eyes like crazy and I'm pretty sure it's responsible for the weird dry patch I developed under my eye and that mysteriously went away after I stopped using these. Granted, it only took me two tries on two separate occasions to declare that I hate these pads, but still. I was trying to be fair. But, in to the trash they go because I can't even bring myself to pass them on to someone and run the risk of them having the same weird reaction. 


Only a few hair care items. First is a trial size Living Proof Hold Flexible Hairspray. The nozzle got clogged and then quit working altogether about half-way through, despite my best efforts to unclog it. This was actually kind of sticky and I didn't like the smell, so I wouldn't get a full size. Second is the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Antifrizz Serum. It was ok. I have a couple other ones to get through, so no need to repurchase. Thirdly, we have Tresemme's Platinum Strength Strengthening Heat Protectant Spray. I didn't particularly like this, so I wouldn't repurchase. And lastly, the Got2Be Beach Trippin' Salt Infusion Waving Spray. It made my hair crunchy and sticky (yes, duh, I know there's salt in it) and I didn't get pretty mermaid waves. I got drowned rat, crunchy frizz. So, no. I won't repurchase. 


And for our conclusion, I have some purge items for you. The Lancome products kind of break my heart because these were the lip products I used for my wedding seven years ago. Yes, seven. I'm not a germaphobe but that's kind of pushing it for lip products, don't you think? Don't get me wrong. I love them, but it's time to let them go. I could only repurchase the Lancome Le Crayon Lip Contour in Caramel (the lip liner), since the Color Fever Gloss in Burning Up and Le Rouge Absolu in Bronze Light are discontinued, but I'm not a lip liner fan, so I'm not going to. And to be on the safe side, I threw in the Korres Lip Butters in Pomegranate and Quince? Maybe. The lettering is all scratched off. I can't even remember how old these are, so it's time to say goodbye, especially since I don't fancy sticking my finger into a pot and then having a dirty, sticky finger or having to carry around a lip brush with me when you have to reapply these every hour. 

No comments: