Thursday, October 16, 2014

NOTD: OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest

OPI's Every Month is Oktoberfest has got to be one of my all-time favorite nail polishes. Ever since it debuted in the 2012 Germany collection, I've picked this bottle up umpteen times in the store, only to discover it's Oktoberfest. Since I'm on vacation this week, I figured I could actually wear a dark color on my nails (my day job has a policy on nail polish, if you're curious. Only pale, neutral, conservative colors for me while working for The Man). 

It's a dark reddish purple base with what looks like reddish/golden shimmer in it. In indirect light, it's so dark that it looks black, but as you can tell from the bottle shot, it's definitely got warmth and dimension in the light. Oh, and please excuse the sloppy edges/cuticles. I was doing this in minimal light and I didn't realize how much product had pooled near my cuticles until it was too late. 





Update: 10/17/14

I re-did my nails and tried to be uber careful with them, but I still ended up flooding the cuticle area. I think it's just the formula. The first layer goes on rather patchy, so when you use a little more for the second layer, it ends up getting a little runny. I still love the color, so I don't really care. 


No comments: