Ok, not really. But I am cramming four months (April through July) of empties and purging into one catch-up post. This spring I did some major purging but dummy me didn't take any pictures of the process. It was actually quite intensive. I laid everything out, category by category, and proceeded to go through and purge things I knew for a fact I hadn't reached for in over a year. I also checked for things that looked/smelled funny and double checked batch codes for their expiration date at this helpful website: Cosmetic Calculator. That was a real eye-opener. I had some lipsticks that expired in 2008. I'm not a germaphobe by any stretch of the imagination, but that's pushing it, even for me.
These are in no particular order. So, sorry about that. I hate fighting with Blogger and trying to drag the different pictures around... So here you go. :)
|Ye Olde Empties Bag.|
|Everything dumped out on the floor and roughly categorized.|
Mascara and Lashes/Brows
- Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof in Very Black. Empty. May repurchase in the future.
- Maybelline Full 'N Soft in Very Black. Empty. May repurchase in the future.
- Maybelline One by One Volum' Express in Very Black. Empty. Probably won't repurchase.
- Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express in Very Black. Empty. Probably won't repurchase.
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume in Very Black. Empty. HG. Have several as backups already.
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes. Empty. Won't repurchase. Wasn't very impressed.
- It Cosmetics Tightline. Empty. Won't repurchase. Wasn't impressed at all. More hassle to use than I would have preferred.
- Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum. Purge. It got too old and I didn't notice much difference.
- Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Auburn. Empty. I may repurchase when I'm done with the It Cosmetics Brow Power pencil in Universal Taupe.
Eyeshadows and Eyeliners
- Clinique Fresh Bloom Eyeshadow in Maple Blossom. Empty. It was limited edition, so I can't repurchase. I wouldn't even if it was still available, only because I have so many similar colors. That actually holds true for all of my Clinique eyeshadows in this post.
- Clinique Colour Surge in Buff. Empty. Wouldn't repurchase.
- Clinique Colour Surge Duo in Like Mink. Empty. Wouldn't repurchase.
- NARS Eyeshadow in Tibet. Empty. Wouldn't repurchase. I don't particularly care for the texture and finish of either NARS shadow I've owned (I think the other one was "Night" something... it was supposed to be silver, but it was glitter bomb central).
- Clinique Colour Surge in Lucky Penny. Empty. Can't repurchase because they've discontinued this color. I was a little sad with this one, but I have more rose gold/coppers in my collection.
- Clinique Colour Surge in Toasted Almond. Empty. Wouldn't repurchase.
- Clinique Pair of Shades Duo in Ivory Bisque/Bronze Satin. Empty. I was sad about this one too, because it was one of my very first Clinique eyeshadows from eeeeeeeooons ago. But, I've discovered similar colors/better textures since then. So, no on the repurchase.
- Clinique Cream Shaper For Eyes in Brown Sugar. Empty. I wouldn't repurchase just because I'm lazy and don't want to bother sharpening my pencils. I much prefer automatic liners.
- Clinique Cream Shaper For Eyes in Chocolate Lustre. Empty. Again, wouldn't repurchase because I'm a lazy bum.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Corrupt. Empty. Shall I say it a third time? I am l.a.z.y. So, no.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded. Purge. It dried out. Wouldn't repurchase because it was rather patchy and I much prefer MAC's Painterly Paint Pot.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. Purged because it dried out. But then I bought another one and so far so good. So maybe these were just part of a bad batch.
See how dried out they are? They've actually pulled away from the edges. Ick.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in Fair. Purge, but mostly an empty. I developed some sort of eye allergy/contact dermatitis thing a few weeks ago and to be on the safe side, I decided to pitch this. I have so many other concealers, I probably won't repurchase.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Brightener. Purge, but also mostly empty. Again, I decided to get rid of this for fear of re-aggravating my eye issue again. Didn't really like how the pink worked against my skin, anyway. So no, wouldn't repurchase.
- Neutrogena Nourishing Longwear Makeup in Classic Ivory. Purge. Didn't like this foundation at all. A more lengthy review can be found here. I wouldn't repurchase.
- American Beauty Luminous Liquid All Over Face Glow in Pink Glow. Purge. This was waaay expired. And I hardly used it. I don't think it's still available, so I wouldn't repurchase. I've found I like powder highlighters better, anyway.
- Tresemme Tres Mousse. Empty. I like the Pantene Whipped Mousse better, so no, I wouldn't repurchase.
- Tresemme Split Remedy Leave-In Conditioning Spray. Purge. I hated this stuff! It's so goopy and doesn't spray out evenly. No, no, no. No repurchase.
- Paul Mitchell Queen For A Day Super Clean Extra Finishing Spray. Empty. No, I wouldn't repurchase. I hated the smell. And I prefer my Tresemme hairspray. Plus I have a multitude of other mini cans to try.
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner. Empty. I probably would repurchase after I get through a million other shampoos and conditioners.
- *Not Pictured* L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo & Conditioner. Empty. I just threw them out because they wouldn't fit in the bag. While I appreciated that the conditioner bottle was twice the size of the shampoo bottle (since I always go through conditioner faster than shampoo), I didn't really care for the formula. I prefer other brands, so I wouldn't repurchase.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. Empty. I have a gagillion other Aveeno lotions to use, so no need to repurchase.
- Soap and Glory Hand Food. Empty. The smell of this was terrible and I love bergamot, so I don't know what's up. But, no. It wasn't moisturizing enough and I couldn't get past the smell. No repurchase.
- Blistex Intensive Hand Cream Fragrance Free. Empty. This just sat on top of my skin but never really sunk in, so no repurchase.
- Curel Nail and Cuticle Therapy. Empty (obviously...). I wouldn't repurchase it, though, because I prefer the Aveeno hand cream more. This smelled nice, though. I didn't notice any noticeable difference in my nails/cuticles, either, which is a let down.
- Le Couvent Des Minimes Nourishing Hand Cream in Honey and Shea. Empty. If you don't like honey, you'd better steer clear of this. Even if you do like honey, I don't really recommend this. The smell was so overpowering and if you used too much, your hands were literally sticky. I wouldn't repurchase this.
- Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream. Empty. Hell NO I wouldn't repurchase. This was a 100-point perk from Sephora and I wish I had read some reviews before picking it. It smells like bug spray. It's awful. Plus, I didn't find it to be moisturizing enough.
- Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Recovery. Purge. I liked it when I used it, but I put it in a drawer and inevitably forgot about it. So... I might repurchase it in the future, but I have a stock of other lotions and scrubs to get through.
- Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy. Purge. See above.
- Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Foot Therapy. Purge. See above..
- Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Foot Smoother. Purge. Hey, guess what? See above. :)
Lip Stuff and a stray hand cream that I mistook for a balm...
- Almay Ideal Gloss in Berry Shimmer. Purge. It was super old. Wouldn't repurchase.
- American Beauty Fabulous Feel Liquid Lipcolor in Mauvelous. Purge. It was also really old. I wouldn't repurchase.
- L'Oreal Le Gloss in Raspberry Splash. Purge. It was old. Might repurchase.
- L'Oreal Le Gloss in Nude Touch. Purge, but close to being empty. Might repurchase.
- Lancome Juicy Tube in Pink Horizon. Purge. Wouldn't repurchase. Too sticky. No color.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. Empty. Wouldn't repurchase because it's so expensive for a ho-hum balm.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Plum. Empty. Wouldn't repurchase.
- Ulta Lip Balm in Very Vanilla. Purge. It wasn't moisturizing enough and the taste got weird after a while.
- Chapstick Hydration Lock 8 Hour Moisture. Purge. It also wasn't moisturizing enough.
- Burts Bees Nourishing Lip Butter in Pomegranate. Purge. Hated the taste. Wouldn't repurchase.
- Burts Bees Nourishing Lip Butter in Mango Butter. Purge. Also hated the taste. Wouldn't repurchase.
- Jack Black Lip Balm in Lemon and Chamomile. Empty. Love the Jack Black balms and already have several backups.
- Nivea Kiss of Relief SOS Lip Care. Empty. Wouldn't repurchase because it tasted perfumey and the Jack Blacks are so much better.
- Almay Ideal Lip Liner in Berry. Purge. It was super old and I don't really use lip liners. Wouldn't repurchase.
- American Beauty Ultra Easy Automatic Lipliner in Ginger. Purge. Also really old and hardly ever used it. Wouldn't repurchase.
- Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine. Empty. Wouldn't repurchase because it was just average.
- J. R. Watkins Hand Cream in Lemon Cream. Purge. And a whoopsie. I thought this was a balm when I was sorting... But I wouldn't repurchase because it wasn't moisturizing enough and seemed to turn really quickly.
- Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry. Empty. I didn't find these moisturizing enough, so I wouldn't repurchase.
- Flirt Tint-a-licious in Queen. Empty. I'm pretty sure these have been discontinued, so I can't repurchase.
- Flirt Chickstick in Dainty x 2. Empty. I love this color and already have a third tube.
- Flirt Chickstick in Obsess. Empty. I have other nudes to use, so I won't repurchase.
- Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie x 2. Empty. I also really liked this color, but I have other stuff to use so I wouldn't repurchase at the moment.
- Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. Empty. I already had a backup, so no need to repurchase.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose & Shine. Empty. I have too many similar shades, so I won't repurchase.
- It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush in Je Ne Sais Quoi. Empty. I wouldn't repurchase only because I didn't care for the fuschia shade this sometimes turned my lips. Also, it got pretty melt-y in my pocket, which I don't like.
- L'Oreal Colour Riche in Gilded Pink. Purge. I like this color, but it's too old. I might repurchase in the future.
- L'Oreal Colour Riche in Taffeta. Purge. I really like this one, too, but it was way old and limited edition. So no repurchase.
- L'Oreal Colour Riche in Pink Lady. Purge. Nothing really special about this and I hardly used it. It was several years past its expiration date, too, so no repurchasing for me.
- Chloe Eau de Parfum Rollerball. Empty. I'm glad I got to try this, but I wouldn't repurchase. Toward the end, it just got to be too... ugh... I was happy when it was gone. The heavy green opening was too much for me sometimes.
- Ralph Lauren Romance Eau de Parfum. Empty. Love this perfume. I already have a full-size bottle I'm working on.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. Empty. They were ok. I might buy them again for traveling purposes.
- Absolute Brightening Essence Mask in Collagen and Fresh Aloe. Empty. I have several backups.
- Forever Luminous Hydrating Facial Wrap in Cucumber and Aloe. Empty. It was ok, so I might pick it up again from TJMaxx.
- Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. Empty. Holy Grail status. I currently have two bottles I'm working on (one in the shower, one at the sink. Yep. That's how I roll).
- Simple Soothing Toner. Empty. I wasn't particularly impressed, so I doubt I'd repurchase.
- Mario Badescu Chamomile Cleansing Lotion. Empty. I wasn't really impressed with this either, so I wouldn't repurchase.
- Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer. Purge. It has fatty alcohols (cetyl/cetearyl alcohol) which is a no-no for my skin. Definitely no repurchase.
- Simple Vital Vitamin Night Cream. Empty. I have one backup left, but since it's been discontinued, I can't repurchase.
- Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Treatment 10% AHA. Empty. I might repurchase, but I'm currently using the glycolic acid from Mario Badescu.
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 60 PA +++. Empty. I'm so mad Shiseido discontinued this!!! I tried the reformulated SPF 50 version of this and it's TERRIBLE! It is NOT the same. Why, Shiseido. Why?!?!
Phew! I can't even tell you how happy I am to be able to finally get rid of all that clutter!