Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Swatch Wars! MAC Constructivist vs Maybelline Bad to the Bronze vs Clinique Fuller Fudge

I didn't think any of these would be actual dupes for one another, but I was so frustrated at my Bad to the Bronze for drying up within months of opening, I wanted to see if it was really worth repurchasing or if I could squeak by without it.
MAC Constructivist vs Maybelline Bad to the Bronze
Maybelline Bad to the Bronze vs Clinique Fuller Fudge

Clearly Constructivist is the darkest. It also has a slightly more reddish/plummy tone. Bad to the Bronze definitely has the flashiest/metallic/gold sheen. And Fuller Fudge is a mid-toned brownish bronze, minus the golden flash. 

I don't know if my Bad to the Bronze was a bad batch or if it's just the formula, but it's never been as creamy or easy to work with as the MAC Paint Pots or even the Clinique Chubby Stick.  (Just as an aside: I also bought the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded and I wasn't impressed with that, either.) I think I'll just stick with MAC and Clinique. Maybe I'll branch out and try a Laura Mercier Caviar Stick one day just to see what that's like. 

No comments: