Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Empties and Deadwood March 2014


Look at those babies! Used up all the way to the nubs!! Btw, that black thing in the Clinique liner is the twisty/pushy part, not the actual liner. 
Forever Luminous Hydrating Facial Wrap I still don't know how I feel about these. I don't think they're amaze balls, but they're not terrible. I'm just "meh" about them.

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid This is a deadwood. I bought it several months ago and I hate it! I feel like this is making me breakout even more than my hormones. Not buying this again. Ever.

Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel This was really gooey. And slimy. I don't think it was that awesome at taking off my makeup, either. It foamed nicely, but it kept foaming and I felt like I had to scrub my face extra long and hard to make sure I got everything off. I wouldn't repurchase this. 

Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater and Glycerine Hand and Body Lotion Holy roses, batman! I love roses. I really do. I love real ones. I love candles. And I really did love this stuff,  but you have got to be in the mood for some roses if you're going to wear this. It permeates your entire area. People will smell you from several feet away. It was a nice, silky lotion, though. Absorbed quickly and wasn't sticky.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hair Spray This is a dud. I didn't like the smell. I didn't like the way it made  my hair feel. And I HATED the fact that it didn't spray evenly. The nozzle would get coated with hair spray and gunk up, yet still look fine, but when you sprayed it, it flew everywhere. This has never been an issue with my Tresemme. So, no. Never again, John Frieda. 

Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes I just did a review here. And like I said in that post, if I needed them for traveling, I'd grab a pack. But I hardly use towelettes anyway. So it's kind of a waste to always have them on hand. 

Cover Girl Smoothers Concealer Illuminator Another deadwood, especially since it's starting to have this weird plastic-y smell. I bought this after TiffanyD raved about it on YouTube many moons ago and it's pretty much been rolling around in the drawer sense. It really does nothing on my particular skin. It isn't a good highlighter. It definitely isn't a good concealer. And it fades quickly, to boot. So, no. Into the trash you go.

Korres Guava Lip Butter This is deadwood, only because the jar cracked and thus the smell has started to turn. I bought this in a set years ago and it's been hibernating in my bedside table since the milky color it leaves on your lips isn't very attractive. When I finally busted it out again, the smell turned me off. This isn't the most moisturizing product during cold, bitter winters, but it's definitely good for spring/summer. Just not this particular scent/color... 

Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Natural Pink As previously mentioned here, with a quick blurb of a review, I got this in a set a while ago and I'm just not impressed. It's a pretty color and it feels nice, but it fades in a nano second. Won't be repurchasing.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Sugar Rose There's a more in-depth look here, but I can say that now I'm actually torn on this one. I like it, but again, it's one of those products that isn't going to save your lips in a blistering winter. I do have another one of these waiting in the wings courtesy of Sephora's birthday gift program, so there's definitely no need to buy another one. One final gripe? They melt like a mo'fo' in your pocket, which irritates me because I like ease of portability. I shouldn't have to baby my makeup.

Softlips Pearl Deadwoooood. I didn't even want it when I bought it, but it came with a vanilla one (which I did want). It is true to it's name, though. It looks like you crushed up pale pink and white pearls and smeared them all over your lips. Wasn't moisturizing enough for me. And the smell is a wee bit overwhelming. 

Clinique Quickliner for Eyes in Really Black 07 I love that this pencil has a smudger built in on the end, especially when I'm being lazy or traveling. Originally, I hated the fact that this wasn't the blackest black eyeliner ever (hellooo.... your name is "Really Black"), but I got over it and appreciated its softer side, i.e., for lighter, cool-toned looks that brown or gray just wouldn't look good with. However, since I have fallen madly in love with the Stila Smudge Sticks and Maybelline Master Drama eyeliners (and I have a plethora of Urban Decay 24/7 liners to get through), I don't see myself needing a new automatic, black eyeliner pencil any time in the foreseeable future. Should that day ever come, I'd probably look at the "Intense" version of the Quickliner.

No comments: