Thursday, March 6, 2014

Clinique Super Fine Liner for Brows vs IT Cosmetics Brow Power

Since I recently got an email about what brow pencils I use, I figured I'd showcase the only two I have: the Clinique Super Fine Liner for Brows in Soft Auburn and the IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil.

Yes... I realize the IT one is upside down. I was lazy and just cropped a picture I already had and this is how it looks... sorry.
Clinique on top; IT Cosmetics on the bottom. 

I think this is actually my third pencil from Clinique, if that's any indication of how much I like it. I don't really need to fill in my brows, but I do need to extend the "tail," if that makes sense, and the Soft Auburn matches my hair perfectly. I don't care what some makeup artists say about not getting a pencil with red undertones. I'm a redhead! Trust me, it looks fine on me. The Clinique Super Finer goes for $16 and is just your standard twist-up pencil. No spoolie or sharpner or anything.

I actually got the IT Cosmetics Brow Power as a "thank you" gift for another IT Cosmetics purchase. Even though it's a travel size, it's still lasted a long time. As you can see, it's slightly darker and more of a taupe/brown than the Soft Auburn. It still looks natural on me, though. It's weird. I guess I have chameleon eyebrows. The IT Cosmetics will set you back $24, but I love that it's waterproof and it has a built-in spoolie on one end, so it really is perfect for traveling. 

I would keep buying both, but since I have more of the IT Cosmetics remaining (plus another "thank you" freebie from another purchase... I think I may have an IT Cosmetics addiction) I'll probably stick with the IT Cosmetics one until I'm totally out. 

No comments: