Monday, February 10, 2014

Yes-to-Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes


I bought these on a whim one day at... Target, I believe. They were in the travel section and you get 10 wipes for around $2-$3. I didn't really want to invest in a full pack (45 for $7-$8), especially since I don't use them all the time. I'm afraid that they would dry out by the time I'd even gotten halfway through them. These are really a "once in a blue moon, I'm super duper lazy and need makeup off NOW!" type of situations. But usually I just suck it up and go through the whole routine because it keeps my skin happy in the long run. 

For people that don't like fragranced skin care, these do have a smell. Supposedly, it's cucumber. I mean, hello. But to me, it's not a fresh, natural cucumber smell. It's got a plastic/chemical kind of smell that underlies the cucumber and kind of ruins the "Ahh.... cucumbers... soothing..." experience. For me, anyway. But I don't usually buy skincare specifically for the smell, so it wasn't a deal breaker.

They're very soft towelettes, but they're not super saturated with liquid, which is good and bad. They take off face makeup reasonably well and eyeshadows, but fail miserably to take off mascara or eyeliner. I'm certainly not going to sit there and scrub my eyeballs raw, especially when I get to the bottom of the package and they get even drier. So, I've accepted the fact that I just have to use a separate eye makeup remover first and then go in with the Yes-to-Cucumbers.

While they aren't specifically designed to be exfoliating, the very act of manually wiping your face is bound to remove some dead skin cells and I was pleasantly surprised to see/feel how smooth my skin was after using these. They don't leave behind any sort of sticky residue or tackiness at all, which I appreciate. My skin just feels clean. And soothed, I suppose. :)

If I saw these in the travel bin again, I'd probably grab another pack. Or if I was actually traveling, I'd take some along. Like I said, it's not my preferred method of cleaning my face, and having to use a separate eye makeup remover can be a PITA, but in a pinch I'd take these over other wipes I've tried.

No comments: