Tuesday, January 7, 2014

True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere & Silk Hand Cream





I don't know why I do this to myself. After having a terrible reaction to the True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere hand cream (post available here), why did I think one with "silk" would be any better?

Despite the fact that this containes African shea butter, silk proteins,  and Mongolian cashmere extract that smells like a "blend of almond blossom,  vanilla and creamy sandalwood," I was not over the moon with this stuff. Although the 2.5 oz tube is a nice size, and the $12.50 price tag won't break the bank (there is a 1.0 oz available for $6, if you're interested despite this awful review), I cannot wait to use this stuff up.

For starters, it smells like one of the Liplicious lip glosses that Bath and Body Works used to sell... either Cherry Sundae or Cherry Gelato... something like that. It's apparently not available anymore. If it's a soft fragrance, I don't mind it, but this hand cream is strong. I don't like lotions that compete with my perfume.

Also, I had the same weird reaction with this that I had with the original. When I put this on at night, I wake up in the morning swearing that my hands are going to crack and bleed all over. They feel drier than when I put it on to begin with. BUT if I wear it during the day, say at work, then I don't get that feeling. So I don't know what it is... but I've been distributing it as much as I can to people at work just to use it up and get rid of it, with a big mental note to myself to NOT buy hand creams from Bath and Body Works again.

No comments: