Thursday, January 9, 2014

Follow Up: Week Two of the Clarisonic Mia 2

My skin is still kind of sucky. This week has been all about clogs surfacing (joy!) and little white heads. Normally, I would prefer those to the deep, painful cystic acne, but the combination is making the texture of my skin super gross. Not to mention, there's minor flaking back on my forehead, nose, and chin. Some of it is where clogs/pimples were/are currently healing, but some flakes are just totally random. I don't know if it's Mia's fault, or if using the Purpose Gentle Cleanser has something to do with it since it foams and everyone is always harping about how foaming cleansers dry out your skin.

Halfway through the week, I was very disgruntled and turned up the speed. I've been using it on the higher of the two settings for the past few nights now and haven't noticed a difference in purging, good or bad. Since I didn't notice any drastic reduction in purging by switching cleansers, I think I'm going to go back to the Cetaphil and see if that helps get rid of the random flakes not caused by my skin healing. (Sidenote: I've also been adding some Josie Maran Light Argan Oil to my Clinique DDMG at night and that seems to be helping, too.)

Hopefully week three is better.

No comments: