Thursday, January 16, 2014

Follow Up: Week Three of the Clarisonic Mia 2

Mia and I are taking a little break. Not entirely... but I'm not using her every night like I vowed I would (mostly due to the cost and all the hype I've been hearing for years). I tried using it every other night, but even that I think is still too much. The flakes are back with a vengeance the morning after I use the Clarisonic and while the clogs/break outs are still there, they are (thankfully) going down, but I'm not back to how my skin was before Mia. I know all about the purging part of using a Clarisonic, but the flakes are really annoying, just because whatever face makeup I use clings to them and looks worse than a regular pimple, at least on me.

I still haven't noticed any reduction in pore size or fine lines (but those weren't really my issues to begin with). My skin tone seems to be about the same as before and my skin's texture is still the same, except now I have the purging, surfacing clogs, and dry patches to deal with on a daily basis. Oh, and obviously, I haven't been able to get away with using less moisturizer. If anything, I've doubled the amount I use to combat the flakes. In various other reviews on the Clarisonic, some people have said that over-exfoliating can actually lead to more dryness/flakes. So... that may be the culprit. In addition to the generally unpleasant cold and dry Illinois winter we're having.

My goal this upcoming week is all about finding the ideal balance of how often to exfoliate, since everyday = terrible, terrible things and every other day = irritating things. I'm hoping one of these mornings I'll wake up and see the blemish-free, glowing skin everyone keeps chirping about. But thus far, it's been a very slow, painful, ugly process.

However, for you drier-skinned folks or those without acne issues, there is hope. My sister in law also got a Mia 2 for Christmas and she said that she uses it every night with ZERO problems. She loves it. I'm just going to go ahead and blame it on her French genetics...  :o\

No comments: