Thursday, January 2, 2014

Follow Up: Week One of the Clarisonic Mia 2

This is just a quick check in about my first week of using the Clarisonic Mia 2.

So, I am decidedly not one of the blessed few that gets to use the Clarisonic and escape the horrid "purge." It's not as bad as it could be, but it's still far more pimples/clogged pores than I would care to deal with. I'm breaking out in areas I normally don't have any problems, such as my forehead, temples, and around my nose. While my face is mostly smooth to the touch, I can tell my chin is still congested. Also, the flakiness is gone from my forehead, but I've noticed some reappearing on my nose.

I've been using it faithfully every night, on the lowest setting, since I got it, with the Cetaphil cleanser. Most nights, I don't notice any gunk on the brush, except for the night that I wore a CC cream and didn't do any sort of a pre-wash/rinse. I'm going to switch to the Purpose Gentle Cleanser, just to see if the Cetaphil is contributing to my breakouts/purging at all. I used it yeeeeears ago, and I honestly can't remember what it did or didn't do for my skin, other than feel slimy. Even though I have a better understanding of Cetaphil and how it's designed/intended to work, it's still a little weird to use after using Purpose for so long. So... I'll switch back to that and see if maybe my skin starts to clear up a little quicker.

I also have not noticed any sort of decrease in my moisturization use, or feeling like my moisturizer is "sinking in" better. However, I'm reaching the end of my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and it's getting really hard to pump out product. Instead of dispensing a normal amount, it's squirting out in random sizes as I shake the bottle trying to get more gel to the end of the tube. So maybe once I'm using a full bottle again, I'll be able to better judge if I'm really using less moisturizer or not.

Long story short, it's still too soon to judge the Mia 2.

No comments: