Friday, January 31, 2014

Empties and Deadwood January 2014

As part of my effort to reduce my collection, I've decided to start keeping track of my empties and other "deadwood." To me, deadwood is anything that is either a) super-duper old b) spoiled/soured/separated, but not quite empty or c) something that just does not work anymore. Either, the color, the texture, the smell... whatever the case may be.

For some products, I may move the "deadwood" into my shoebox of "maybes," that I keep in case I want a specific color for something... In reality, though, the Maybes Box is something that I bust out every few months, poke around, usually pawn things off on my sister or friends, and then shove back under the vanity. One of these days I need to just get up the oomph to purge it all... but I caaan't.... Because one day I just MIGHT need that drying, matte, red lipstick for a retro Halloween costume. Or that terrible blue eyeliner that scratches when it goes on...

But I digress...


In lieu of a proper "empties" bin or tote, I opted to use an old Sephora bag. And of course I had to label it. Just in case I forgot what I was doing with all of that empty trash on the corner of my vanity... 


Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream Yeah. Sure. I was so happy to use this up. It was an alright hand cream, but for the price, I expected better in the long run.

American Beauty Perfectly Even Natural Finish Foundation in Fair/Cool I couldn't even tell you when I bought this. Considering that it was featured in a FOTD from 2010, I'd venture to guess it was 4 years ago. So... time to go. Plus, I could barely get any more of the product out of the bottle. It was a decent foundation, but I'm partial to the Clinique Perfectly Real, myself. I like the squeeze tube better than a heavy glass bottle.

J.R. Watkins Lemon Hand Cream This wasn't very moisturizing. So, no. I wouldn't repurchase.

Clinique Brush on Cream Liner in True Black Again, I couldn't even tell you when I bought this. Yeeaaaaaars ago is all I know. It's so dried up. It served me well, but I just don't use cream/gel liners anymore because I iz lazy! Plus, I have a whole MAC Blacktrack sitting there...

Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 Hour Mascara I don't know if I would necessarily purchase this one, or if I'd just get the waterproof. They're both a PITA to take off. And they both smell. But I do appreciate having a formula like that, especially in the summer. So... who knows. Probably. 

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Treatment Concealer in Fair No. Just, no. It was a thin, orange mess that didn't do anything!

Mark On the Edge Eyeliner in Cleopatra I actually really did like this when I wore liquid eyeliner, but I just don't wear it anymore and it's kind of gunky. Buh-bye.

American Beauty Fabulous Feel High Shine Lipgloss in Sunset Pink It was really pretty in the tube, all pink and golden sparkles, but it didn't translate to the lips. I probably bought this when I got the foundation, so I think it's time to go. It's starting to separate inside the tube, anyhow. 

Seche Vite Top Coat Dude... It's only halfway full, but you can literally stand it upside down and it won't move! The stuff is rock hard in the bottle. And since I've been having nail issues, it's just not worth it to use that reviver stuff. 

And last but not least... the Bliss Fabulips Lip Balm NO! Never again! This stuff was terrible! Oily, but not moisturizing. Just pure ick!

No comments: