Monday, December 30, 2013

Swatch Wars! Urban Decay Naked 3 vs Lorac Unzipped Part 1


UD Naked 3 on top; Lorac Unzipped on bottom
Urban Decay Naked 3 in indirect light
Urban Decay Naked 3 in direct sunlight
Urban Decay Naked 3 in indirect lighting again. I would like to point out the fact that, yes, I did swatch over my tattoo. That should help give people an idea of how dark Blackheart actually is.

Lorac Unzipped in indirect lighting.

Lorac Unzipped in direct sunlight.

This is mainly for my sister, Brittany. She texted the other day asking which palette she should get and since she didn't like my answer of "Both!" I thought I would try and be a helpful sister by swatching the two. At first glance, they do seem to be very similar, but as I told her, they are actually different. Sometimes it's a subtle difference, but it's a difference nonetheless. Naked 3, despite being touted as a "rose gold" palette, is NOT, in my opinion. I own rose gold jewelry and the metal doesn't look like anything in UD Naked 3, except for one eyeshadow: Trick. That being said, though it is a beautiful, neutral, pinky-brown-taupe palette that definitely leans cool, whereas the Lorac Unzipped is undoubtedly a true rose gold palette with very warm tones. 

I can't say which is "better" or which I would prefer, since I obviously own both of them. I think they're good for different things. Naked 3 is very springy and Victorian romance (because I'm a history nerd), whereas Unzipped has more of a beachy/summery feel with golds and bronzes. 

If price is a factor, consider this: UD Naked 3 has 12 eyeshadows (0.05 oz each) for $52 vs Lorac Unzipped has 10 eyeshadows (0.39 oz each) for $40. I'm not a mathematician, so this breakdown is more for the people that like numbers... I just look at pretty colors and go from there. :) 

No comments: