Monday, December 23, 2013

C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm


While I've been a fan of C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve, as well as the lemon and mint flavored lip balms, I had never tried their "My Favorite Night Balm." Since Bath and Body Works was running a "Buy Two, Get One Free" sale, I figured I'd jump on it while I was buying Christmas presents, and BOY am I glad I kept one for myself. 

I'll admit, I didn't have super high hopes. It's just another lip balm, right? WRONG!

My lips were so dry and crackly and peely and just nasty when I used this. I slathered it on, went to sleep, and woke up to see ... crackly, peely lips. Irked, but still not put off, I just grabbed a Q-tip and buffed the rest of the lip balm and dead skin away (something I saw Lisa Eldridge do and felt compelled to copy) and OMFG! My lips were so smooth and soft underneath all the junk, it was AMAZING! Like a snake shedding skin. Or like that scene in The Craft where the doctor sweeps the skin off of Neve Campbell's back where the burn scars used to be? Super gross analogies, I know... but that's how dramatic of a transformation it was. I'm not even kidding. I'm not normally blown away by skincare stuff, but I want to shout this from the rooftops.

Now, the next few nights did NOT have that big of a result (I think it's kind of a "One and done" thing), but my lips were still super soft and smooth with nary a flake in sight! I'll definitely continue to repurchase this as an overnight balm, especially since it's only $7.50, but usually you can find deals on them at Bath and Body Works. I suppose you could use this during the day, too, but it doesn't have SPF. So, for that I think I'll stick to Jack Black.


No comments: