Monday, December 9, 2013

Bliss Mistletoe Must-Haves Moisturizing Duo


While wandering around my local Ulta the other day, I found this little guy tucked away in those displays by the cash registers. Being the lip balm fiend that I am and simultaneously dealing with the lovely dry hands that accompany winter, I figured this would be a win-win for a mere $12. It's a full sized, twist-up lip balm (which regularly retails for $16 on its own) and a 1 oz High Intensity Hand Cream (normally $9). 

The highlight? The hand cream. It has a nice lemony-citrus scent that fades relatively quickly. I usually put it on before bed and when I wake up my hands are nice and soft, but there aren't any grease stains all over my sheets, which I appreciate.

The disappointment? Definitely the lip balm. It has a faint vanilla scent, which I don't mind. But it's very oily, if that makes sense, unlike the thickness one would find in a Jack Black lip balm or a tub of Vaseline. It's not even waxy like Chapstick, but more like tube of Nivea, but worse. It's just this weird oil slick that, despite making your lips shiny, doesn't actually sink it. I feel like it just... sits there, being oily and slippery, meanwhile your lips dry out and crack beneath it. I couldn't even get through a whole day at work with just this stuff on my lips before I caved and had to use my Jack Black. It was too late, though. By the time I got home, my lips were flaking and it took two days to recover from this stuff. 

My suggestion? Skip this unless you're already a fan of their lip balm and go for the Bliss Winter Wonder-'Hands' Moisturizing Cream Combo, which is also $12, and features two 1 oz hand creams in High Intensity and Blood Orange+White Pepper. A word of warning though... I couldn't find these on Ulta.com or even Sephora.com and they were out of stock on BlissWorld.com. But I found several in Ulta, so if you're interested, you may have to go to a brick-and-mortar store to find them. 

No comments: