Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wet N Wild Baked, Not Fried Eyeshadow Palette

I've only tried Wet N Wild once before and it was a disaster, to say the least. August 2007, a month before my wedding, I tried the Sandcastle palette that was all the rage. It could have been a coincidence that I was under a ton of stress for the wedding, but after I tried the Sandcastle eyeshadows, my eyelids turned hot pink and had some kind of reaction. I had to see a dermatologist and get a steroid cream prescribed to get it to go away. Like I said, it could have been a coincidence, but it was enough to scare me into steering clear of Wet N Wild.

Then I saw this palette...
Being the bronze/neutral fiend that I am (and since it's a baked eyeshadow as opposed to a regular, pressed eyeshadow), I figured I would give it a whirl. Especially since it was only $4.99. I heard these were going to be limited edition at Walgreen's, just as a heads up.

The packaging kind of sucks. The clear, plastic lid has to be lifted off and once you take the stuff out of the original box, there's no place to stick/store the mini eyeliner. But look at those colors!

Swatched dry. Not very impressive.

Swatched wet with some tap water. Holy moly! Look at the difference! Same eyeshadows, swatched in the same spot, yet completely different payoff.


The mini eyeliner that comes with it. It's a dark brown with golden shimmer, kind of similar to Stila Smudgestick in Lionfish, actually. It's maybe a little brighter, though. And it went on surprisingly well, very smooth and creamy.

I'll keep you guys posted if I have another blistering reaction. But so far, so good!

No comments: