Monday, November 14, 2011

L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black

TiffanyD has the most perfect eyeliner I've ever seen. So, naturally, I wanted to try out one of her favorites: L'Oreal's Felt Tip Lineur Intense in Carbon Black, supposedly the blackest black eyeliner on the market and a dupe for Lancome's $29 Artliner eyeliner.

I should have saved the $7.

For me, I had to re-dip the felt tip twice for each eye. And not just dip, but put it back in, seal it up and shake the hell out of it to get the applicator wet again. I also had to go over several areas to even out a line or darken it (which was odd, since this is supposed to be L'Oreal's darkest black available), but when I did that, I found it would "scratch" off the eyeliner underneath unless the felt tip was soaked with product.

Also, the felt tip wasn't as pointed as I would like, so my eyeliner's "flick" was thicker than I wanted, not that super sharp edge that I look for.

I think this eyeliner sealed the deal for me though. I do not like felt-tip eyeliners. I don't care how "easy" they're purported to be over brush-tip. I don't have nearly as many issues with brushes as I do the stupid felt-tip (this one, Maybelline Lash Stiletto, Palladio Eye Ink, Revlon ColorStay etc).




Lid: MAC Shroom
Eyeliner: L'Oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black
Mascara: Cover Girl Lash Blast in Very Black

No comments: