Friday, October 14, 2011

Smith's Rosebud Salve


To close out the week of lip balms, I thought I'd share one of my new favorites. I always liked the C.O. Bigelow rose salve in the pink tin (versus the blue/white Smith's), but when I saw rosebud salve in a tube....! I had to make it mine. The tins versions are great, but I love the convenience of having a tube. It fits better in my pocket and it alleviates the whole issue of contaminating your tin and the dilemma of what to do with the sticky residue on your finger after you've applied it.

But it's so much more than just a rose-scented balm. Sephora says "This beloved multi-purpose essential not only moisturizes and soothes dry lips; it also calms and heals irritation, soothes the sting of minor burns, helps heal cuts, tames mangled cuticles, helps fix ashy elbows and knees, and minimizes diaper rash."

It's $6 for a 0.5 oz tube (the tins are also $6, but you get 0.8 oz of product - in case you were wondering). I find that if I have the tube in my pocket, the product gets warmer and thus easier to squeeze out versus when it's "cold" or room temperature. I find that I have to reapply this more often than a thicker balm, like the Jack Black or Clinique, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I like that it's shiny enough to wear on its own, instead of having to worry about a lip stick or gloss, too.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I am loving the lip treatment reviews! What a great series, I think I might need to check out some of these.