Monday, October 24, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters

Ever since I heard about the new fan-dangled ColorBurst Lip Butters by Revlon, I've kinda been obsessed with finding them. All of the early reports from people lucky enough to have a cool Bed, Bath and Beyond (cool = has a beauty department inside) or a Rite Aid were posting pictures and regaling us with tales about Lip Butters' awesome pigment and balmy texture.

Well, three Targets, one Walmart, one Ulta and another three Walgreen's later, I finally got my hands on some. This particular Walgreen's had them for $7.49, but it was also "buy one, get one 1/2 off," so I should have bought six, but I couldn't decide. I knew from swatches online that these five would probably be the best bet. And besides... I already got enough funny looks from the cashier when I plopped five of these bad boys on the counter. I practically decimated the tiny display they had. Which was not very well organized to begin with. Pinks were mixed with reds, browns with berries. It was chaos. But I was ecstatic.

L-R: Red Velvet, Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie, Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle


L-R: Red Velvet, Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie, Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle
Inside with flash.

L-R: Red Velvet, Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie, Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle
In sunlight.


L-R: Red Velvet, Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie, Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle
Sorry for the blurry picture. I guess I inadvertently moved. Anyways, this was what was left on my arm after wiping them away. As you can see, Red Velvet and Raspberry Pie had the best "stain" effect. But they all did to some degree.

As far as wear goes, I got 1-2 hours of true color before they started fading. But I don't mind reapplying more than a traditional lipstick because these feel soooo smooth. Early reviewers weren't lying. It's like applying a super-pigmented lip balm. I feel comfortable leaving the house with only one of these in my pocket and not having an anxiety attack over my lack of balm.

Hunting these babies down was definitely worth it for me. These were what I wanted Cover Girl's Gloss Balms to be like and I can already tell that they're going to be a staple in my daily looks from now on. So stay tuned for some LOTDs!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I thought I would be able to resist these...but they sound amazing! Do you have a favorite so far?

Ashley said...

I'm really torn between Pink Truffle and Berry Smoothie. Pink Truffle is such a pretty rosy/pink/nude and Berry Smoothie is like MLBB. But then Red Velvet is sooo pretty for fall. I can't decide! :)