Monday, October 31, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters Part Two

In my original post (click for the link) about Revlon's new ColorBurst Lip Butters, I didn't get into too much detail about the actual colors. And since I'm impatient, I decided to post all of the LOTDs together, including two new colors that I found at Po'Dunk's Walgreen's. That's right. Po'Dunk actually got something cool. And had I waited three more days, I wouldn't have had to drive to another county to get my initial haul. Oh well. :)

Strawberry Shortcake; Peach Parfait

Strawberry Shortcake; Peach Parfait - swatched a couple times a piece.

Strawberry Shortcake - a pale petal pink that is definitely on the cool side. I think it's ok on me, but it might look a little Barbie-ish on darker skin tones.


Peach Parfait - a peachy pink MLBB color. This one has golden glitter in the formula, but it doesn't look like a disco ball on your lips and it doesn't feet gritty at all.

Berry Smoothie - I think this one is the ultimate MLBB color. It's a nice neutral pink (sorry, I don't get any "berry") and it's one of those colors I can just slap on and go without having to worry about it clashing with the rest of my makeup.

Pink Truffle - a pretty pinky/nude/brown that I think would be flattering on several different skin tones. It looks more brown in the picture, but in real life I think it's prettier.

Raspberry Pie - a super bright raspberry fuchsia.

Candy Apple - I was kind of disappointed with this one. On me it's a warm, sheer red and I kind of wanted a brighter, cool toned red (I think the Cherry Tart color would have been a better pick for me).


Red Velvet - a deep cranberry color.

I still really like wearing these, but I will say that I tend to reach for the lighter colors more than the dark. The only reason for that is because the way the lipstick/tube is shaped (round, as opposed to having the traditional "pointed" tip) and it's kind of hard to get super precise application. It's much easier to "swipe and go" and lighter color than the darker ones.

Also, some other bloggers said they got a vanilla scent from these, but I didn't find that to be true. There's a slight scent of "lipstick" but it's not like "Oh, that's an Estee Lauder lipstick." or "Oh, that's a L'Oreal/Lancome lipstick." And I certainly didn't get any sort of taste/flavor with these.

No comments: