Monday, October 10, 2011

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm

My lips have been so, so, so dry lately it's not even funny. I've been desperate to find something to make them better. Surprisingly, my search led me to a men's skincare line at Sephora - Jack Black.

There's five flavors: Natural Mint & Shea Butter, Lemon & Chamomile, Vanilla & Lavender, Black Tea & Blackberry, and Grapefruit & Ginger. While they're flavored, the balm itself is clear and thick, but not goopy.

They're available for $7.50 for 0.25 oz tube (for comparison, the C.O. Bigelow tubes give you 0.5 oz for the same price). So it's a little more expensive, in theory, for not a lot of product, but you only have to apply once or twice a day, versus several with other lip balms. They're fantastic as an overnight lip balm, but they're also really good during the day since they have an SPF of 25.

Of the two I own (Lemon & Chamomile and Vanilla & Lavender) the Lemon is my favorite. It's a nice subdued lemon, probably thanks to the chamomile. The lavender completely overpowers the other one. I don't smell or taste any vanilla, which was kind of disappointing to me.

I definitely want to get the Natural Mint and the Black Tea flavors next. I'm not too keen on Grapefruit or Ginger, so I think I'll just skip that one.

No comments: