Monday, September 19, 2011

H2O Face Oasis Cleansing Water

Recently I've been trying the H2O Face Oasis Cleansing Water that was a part of the Oasis Daily Hydration System that I was more or less forced to buy because Ulta was out of my regular Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment. I was bound and determined to make this stuff work, but no matter how much I try, it just isn't.

For starters, I'm used to soapy, liquidy cleansers, like Purpose and Neutrogena. The Cleansing Water, however, is just that. Water. Perfumey water. As soon as you pour it into your hand, it runs through your fingers and you end up spilling a good portion down the drain before you can even apply it.

You're supposed to apply it to dry skin and then rub water over it to make a mild lather. I have never gotten it to lather. I don't know if that's because I'm not using enough (water is kinda hard to hold on to...) or if by "mild" they mean "nearly non-existent."

As far as cleansing goes, I always always have makeup left over when I'm done with this stuff. I usually look like a raccoon and have to follow it up with another cleanser, like Purpose, to get rid of everything. So by the time I'm done actually washing my face, I've spent an extra five minutes that was really unnecessary when I could have just used Purpose to begin with. If you buy the daily system, like I did, you can feel a little better about tossing the mini bottle. But a full size one is 8.25 fl oz and will set you back $24.

I do not recommend this product at all. I can find no redeeming qualities about it. It doesn't cleanse, it's hard to use, and the regular retail is kind of ridiculous when there are so many better cleansers out there for cheap.

No comments: