Monday, September 26, 2011

Estee Lauder Ideal Light Concealer


Working third shift is a PITA. I don't care who you are. The rest of the world keeps on spinning, even though you're trying to sleep. Neighbors are mowing their grass. Kids are outside screaming. Dogs are barking. And my neighborhood is actually quiet compared to some other places.

Needless to say, a few weeks of continuously interrupted sleep left me cranky and with some serious undereye shadows. I say shadows because they're not really circles. I just have thin skin that looks shadowy in the inner corners.

After reading some glowing reviews, I decided to try out Estee Lauder's Ideal Light. It's classified with the concealers, but they call it a "Brush-on Illuminator." Whatever, as long as it makes me look wide-eyed and bushy tailed.

Sadly, I don't have a swatch of the actual product for you since I returned it about a week after purchasing it and didn't think to snap a picture. Why did it go back? Let me enumerate them for you.

1) It's a click-pen style (which is fine!) that had a tendency of leaking while it was being stored (not so fine.)
2) The illuminating particles that are supposed to help diffuse shadows and all that jazz = giant flecks of glitter under your eye. I looked like a Cullen.
3) It creased, despite being set with a silica powder.
4) It faded after a few hours, except for the aforementioned glitter chunks.

For $24.50, I expect it to last a minimum of 8 hours on me and do the job it was intended for - not make me look like a fairy spit in my eye.

2 comments:

Omega said...

I'm really sorry this didn't work out for you, but I have to say reading this made me smile, a lot :)

Ashley said...

I'm so happy to hear that! I always hope my reviews are helpful, or at least entertaining. :)