Monday, August 22, 2011

NOTD OPI Tijuana Dance?

Waaay back in 2006, OPI launched the Mexico Collection. Being that I love Mexico (the food, the culture, the landscape) and that I loved the colors, I bought 4 bottles. I figured I would showcase them together this week. And I did check around online - they are still available. So, I'm not being cruel or anything by taunting you with long-discontinued colors. :)
First up is Tijuana Dance? It's a weird kind of peachy-pinky-beigey nude. It looks dusky pink in the bottle, but flashes with a purplish iridescence and then looks sheer peachy at times on your nails. This was two coats.

2 comments:

2NE1 said...

Is Your 'Tijuana Dance' Wide-Brush?

what color is the letter on the sticker at the bottom of the polish? Is it black?

I have two polishes from Mexico Collection same as you,but the cover of one of them is very rough and it's not wide-brush even though there is a number that looks like the date when it was manufactured. It doesn't have OPI logo on the inside and the letters are all black. Do you have any idea if it's old type of OPI
or not?

Ashley said...

Hi there!

1) No, it's the regular brush.
2) Yes, the sticker is black.

It sounds like we have the same one. I don't believe OPI started using the "pro wide brush" until 2007 and the Mexico collection debuted in 2006, so that could explain the skinny brush and the old (black) labels/lettering. In mid-2006, they switched to green to show that the polish was free of dibutyl phthalate.

Hope that helps. :)