Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Maybelline Mocha Motion EOTD

I really like my Maybelline Eye Studio shadows, so I figured I would like their classic Expert Wear shadows. ... Not so much. The Expert Wear quad I picked was Mocha Motion from the Chic Naturals collection because we all know you can never have enough taupe. While some shades were decent, others were chalky and not very pigmented. Personally, I would rather spend the extra $2 or $3 and get the shimmery, pigmented Eye Studio quads.

Barely there off white; warm shimmery brown; chalky cool brown; shimmery cool brown.


The Expert Wear quads have each of their shadows numbered to correspond with a different step in the application process. You can always feel free to ignore that structured set up, but I thought I'd apply/wear them as intended so people could get a better idea of what it looks like.

Lid color: 1) Off white all over, then the 2) warm brown on the lid
Crease: 3) Chalky cool brown, with 4) shimmery cool brown in the outer corner (even though step 4 is actually a "liner")
Highlight: 1) off white
Eyeliner: MAC Kohl in Smolder
Mascara: Maybelline One by One Volum Express in Very Black

No comments: