Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

A couple months ago I sent away for the new eyeliner/eyelash serum from Physician's Formula (they were giving X amount away for free and I used a code I found in Glamour magazine). I'd honestly forgotten about it until the day it showed up in the mail. Since then, I decided to test out PF's claims about increasing lash length and volume.

Well, I used it faithfully, everyday, for 4 weeks (like they said to). I did take pictures of my "before" and "after" but I didn't post them for one simple reason: there was virtually no difference. My lashes looked the same. Same length, same thickness. Nothing to knock my socks off.

That being said, I do still really like this eyeliner. The one claim I was able to back up was the 24+ hour wear. I spent one day wearing nothing but this eyeliner (which looked really weird, I know) and it even lasted through a full night of sleep without budging.

I must say, I am a huge fan of this design. I'm really lazy when it comes to my eyeliners and I'm not a huge, huge fan of the "ink well/brush" design. I like the convenience of having it all in one handy, dandy pen. Plus, the brush is really easy to use.


I really like how easy it is to get a thick line, or a super, teeny line - it all depends on how much pressure you use. And it never "skips" or "drags" along my lashline, which is another bonus.


From left to right: Physician's Formula Eye Booster; mark On the Edge; Revlon ColorStay Liquid; Maybelline Lash Stiletto

Other than not "boosting" my lashes, the only other complaint (and it's minor) I have is that PF isn't the blackest black eyeliner out there. When lined up next to others, it's definitely on the shinier, softer black side. That might be because of the serum aspect. But, I honestly don't mind all too much because I don't have to worry about it being too over the top for everyday wear. And when it's on my eye, you can still tell it's black. So... like I said, not too terribly put out.

For $10-$12 (depending on the store/sale), PF is my new favorite drugstore liquid eyeliner. I love how easy it is to create different looks and the convenience of the pen-style applicator. And ok... even though it didn't noticeably "boost" my lashes, I still like the idea that they're getting some sort of conditioner after all the torture I tend to put them through on a weekly basis.

No comments: