Wednesday, July 13, 2011

NOTD Sally Hansen First Kiss



First Kiss was part of the Tracy Reese for Sally Hansen Spring 2011 line. It's a really pretty peachy-pinky, light coral creme. Depending on the lighting, it can look a little ... bright ... but I don't think it's as shocking as, say, hot pink. Or the bright primary yellow that pops up now and again.

I think this is a great color for summer. It might be a little too bright for spring, but it's perfect for the super-hot weather Po'Dunk has been having lately. I also think it would be flattering on a lot of different skin tones. I tend to stay away from orange-based colors, but this one has just enough pink for me to pull it off.

I must say, though, that it took me three coats to get everything to smooth out properly and not look patchy. I was surprised, honestly, since it looks so pigmented. But I actually painted my nails with this two different times and I had to do three coats both times. So.. maybe two thicker coats are all that's needed, or three thinner ones. Your choice. :)