Friday, July 8, 2011

Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover



Wanting something a little different than the super basic/super gentle Purpose cleanser, I saw this bad boy in the skincare aisle and knew I had to bring it home. I was initially torn between this one and their Purifying Facial Cleanser (that one's formulated with salicylic acid). I opted for the Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover because, as I've said before, I'm lazy and I like my cleanser to do everything. It already takes me way too long to get ready for bed - I don't want to have to monkey with two different cleansers for eye makeup vs. the rest of my face.

The cleanser itself is a milky goo, kind of like a pearly liquid hand soap. A little goes a long way, since it foams up quite nicely with either your hands or some kind of brush/scrubber (like the Olay Pro X brush). It also has a fruity kind of smell. Some people said it's pear-like, but I think it smells like green apples. Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming, in my opinion, but I'm not a fan of heavily fragranced/perfumed facial products.

Aside from that, it is a nice, basic cleanser. It removes 98% of my makeup (sometimes I still have some residue along my lower lash line, but I think that's from squeezing my eyes shut) and it doesn't make my skin burn or feel tight or anything funky. I haven't noticed any kind of reduction in my breakouts or clogged pores, but it didn't seem to create any, either.

In the end, it cleanses and removes makeup - just like it said it would. I'm not too keen on the scent, but it's not enough to stop me from finishing the bottle. Would I repurchase? ...Probably not. Like I said, I prefer unscented stuff (or at least something with a "clean" scent). And I would rather spend $8 for 12 oz of the Purpose cleanser vs. 6 oz for the Neutrogena.

No comments: