Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner



I go back and forth about toners. When I first got into skincare in my teens, I used one. Then I didn't. Then I did. Then I didn't. ... You see the pattern?

I decided that I wanted to get back into using one, but not just any toner. I wanted one that I knew was actually doing something more than just sitting on my skin or making it sticky. I wanted one with some kind of clarifying abilities, so my search led me to Mario Badescu.

$18 for 8 oz is kind of steep, especially when there are so many cheaper alternatives out there (like witch hazel and apple cider vinegar). But I liked that there are only four ingredients in this baby. Four! Water, aloe vera, grapefruit extract and glycolic acid.

Some people have lamented that this only has 2% glycolic acid, which they don't feel is enough to actually do anything. That may be the case, but I think that's why the grapefruit extract is there, too. Plus, I think 2% is fine, especially if you're using it day and night.

I've been using this twice a day for several weeks now and I really do like it. It definitely lets me know that my skin is clean, it smells pleasant (to me, anyway), and it's blue! I have a thing for blue skincare, apparently...

Does this toner solve all of my skincare problems? No, since many of my issues are related to stress and hormones. But it does its job, which is all I can really expect from it.

No comments: