Monday, July 18, 2011

Clinique Polar Blues

Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad in Polar Blue is another soft (and safe!) quad for people that don't like a ton of color. I hadn't worn any of these shadows in a super long time and decided that it was time they got some more use. That being said, I can see why I don't reach for it very often. While silky and shimmery, these eyeshadows have little color pay off and if you're not careful, they'll actually disappear when you're blending. :(


Clinique says the colors are: a classic bone, a midtone grey shimmer, a soft baby blue, and a blue denim.


I say the colors are: a shimmery off-white, a shimmery grey taupe, a shimmery ice blue and a dusky blue.



Lid: the ice blue
Crease: the grey taupe
Outer V: the dark blue
Highlight: the off white

Kinda disappointing, isn't it? It looks so pretty in the pan and even has some decent swatches. But then you go to actually wear it and it pretty much fades into the same color. I can see myself using the off white and taupe shades, but the blues are pretty much worthless to me.

2 comments:

Becki said...

I am a Clinique Consultant. What I use to make the colors more vibrant on myself and my customers is the touch base my favorite is the canvas light. Give it a try with all of your shadows, you just might reach for them more and more. They are really awesome. Pretty choice polar blue is perfect for you.

Ashley said...

Thanks, Becki! I'll have to try that next time. :)