Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance




Like Philosophy, Dermalogica was one of those brands that I heard great things about but never actually tried. This past winter, I decided to get Dermalogica's heavy hitter, Intensive Moisture Balance, and see what it did for my freaked out skin. It's $40 for 1.7 fl oz and $60 for 3.4, available at Ulta and online.

Dermalogica says it's...
An ultra-rich phytonutrient moisturizer designed to combat dry skin and reduce the signs of premature aging. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.

The first thing that stood out to me about Intensive Moisture Balance was the smell. It smelled like sunscreen. It also kind of applied like it - thick and creamy. But unlike sunscreen, IMB sank in in just a few minutes and didn't leave me feeling greasy.

For all the moisturizing qualities it had, my skin just didn't like it. It didn't take away the stubborn flakes I had and just like the Philosophy cream, the more I applied to the super dried out areas, the more blemishes I got. If you're not acne-prone and have dry skin, IMB would probably be a good bet. For me, though, it was too heavy in some areas and not enough in others. Thank you combination skin for making the Great Moisturizer Hunt a royal pain.

Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-8, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Lactamide MEA, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Extracts Of: Rosa Centifolia FLower, Centella Asiatica, Echinacea Purpurea, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed, Camellia Olefera Leaf, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf, DIoscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root; Lecithin, Glycolipids, Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Superoxide DIsmutase, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA.

1 comment:

Shopping Online said...

I'm a big fan of Dermalogica
, but I found this product very disappointing. I have combination skin that is getting drier as I get older so wanted to move to a more intensive moisturiser. However after using this product my skin still feels tight but with a greasy sheen on top, as if it is not penetrating my skin just sitting on top. I MUCH prefer Skin Smoothing Cream which leaves my skin feeling dewy but not greasy.