Friday, March 11, 2011

Victoria Beckham Intimately Perfume



I'm not usually into celebrity fragrances, but I feel like there is one that's worth mentioning: Intimately Beckham by Victoria Beckham, aka Posh Spice. The original perfume came out in 2006 (along with the male version from her husband, David) and the duo launched another set of fragrances the following year known as Intimately Beckham Night. I haven't smelled those, but from the notes listed, they look like they're on the spicier side.

Anywho, a 1.7 fl oz bottle will set you back about $40, depending on the store/sale at the time. I know, I know. It's really cheap for perfume. So cheap must mean that it's crap, yes? No!

If you like light, powdery, feminine perfumes, then you should check it out. I happened upon it one night while wandering through Jewel-Osco. They had a display with a tester, so I sprayed some on and then spent the next several hours inhaling my wrist like a junkie. The hubby approved and by the end of the week, the bottle was mine. It's now one of those scents I wear when I want to just feel pretty and delicate and feminine. Have I mentioned that it's a girlie fragrance, yet? Just thought I'd throw that one out there one more time.

Some people have complained about it smelling like drier sheets, but I disagree, unless you have powdery/floral scented drier sheets. Then maybe. But on me, it's like a soft, velvet rose that dries into a powdery musk that is subtle. It won't gag you from across the room, which is good... but some people have also complained that it doesn't last longer than an hour. Again, I disagree. Me, personally, can get 8+ hours of wear out of it, stroll up to the hubs and go "Do I still smell good?" and he goes "Yep."

At one point or another I recall reading that Victoria's favorite flower is tuberose, which explains why she featured it in this perfume. I quite like it, too. I think it sets it apart from the other generic wishy-washy pink fragrances out there.

Besides tuberose, Intimately Beckham also features: white flowers, bergamot, rose petals, Casablanca lily, orange blossom, vanilla, sandalwood, and musk.

No comments: