Thursday, March 3, 2011

H2O Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment



Considering I'm on my third jar of this stuff, I figured I should, you know, review it...

I just happened to stumble across this stuff one day in Ulta while I was on the hunt for a great summer moisturizer. The blue immediately drew me in and I was intrigued with the idea of a gel moisturizer (I think I was in a Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel kick back then, too). So, I grabbed a 1.7 oz jar for a mere $34... and 3 jars later, here I am. I honestly think it's some kind of a record, too. Other than Cover Girl Lash Blast and Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascaras, I can't think of any beauty product that I've bought repeatedly. Go me!

H2O claims that it:
•Rapidly plumps and restores depleted skin, helping to distribute vital daily moisture
•Scientifically formulated with marine-sourced nutrients to minimize the look of fine lines and stimulate healthy cell growth
•Sea-derived essential minerals work synergistically with Sea Mineral Complex, a patented, scientifically advanced delivery system to ensure vital nutrients are rapidly absorbed at the cellular level

Pros: super lightweight, doesn't clog pores, no SPF, clean/marine scent, works well as a daily moisturizer and as a moisture mask, can be stored in the fridge for extra coolness. :)

Cons: the algae extract may aggravate some acne-prones. It's not a heavy duty moisturizer and is better suited to oily/combination skin types, or relegated to summer use only for drier skins. It's also kind of "sticky" until it absorbs, so it definitely needs to set before applying makeup over it.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glycereth-7, Glycosaminoglycans, Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Phospholipids, Panthenol, Fragrance (Parfum), Trisodium EDTA, Zinc PCA, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Ulva Lactuca Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Algae Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate

No comments: