Thursday, February 24, 2011

Swatch Wars!



I'm a huge fan of barely-there opaque pink nail polishes. Since my nails are usually on the short side, I like colors that make my hands look nice and professional, but don't call attention to the fact that I can't maintain long, pretty nails. :(

So, naturally, I had to get OPI Bubble Bath. Only, I was a day late and a dollar short to the OPI Bubble Bath train and apparently they changed the formula just enough to send nail enthusiasts into a tizzy. And I was not about to track down the original and spend a fortune. So, I kept it because it still works for French manicures.

Then I heard that Sally Hansen's Pink Slip was reportedly a dupe for Essie's Ballet Slippers and Essie's Ballet Slippers was reportedly a dupe for the original OPI Bubble Bath. Lots of dupin' going on.

Clearly, I had to compare Pink Slip with the reformulated Bubble Bath, just to see how much of a difference there really was. Right? Right.



Sally Hansen Pink Slip vs OPI Bubble Bath - three coats each. I figured it would be easier to see on my arm than on short little fingernails side by side.

So there we have it.

Pink Slip = milky pale pink.

New Bubble Bath = pale, creamy nude. Some people say it's pink... but... not to my eyeballs.

Both bottles are 0.5 fl oz and will cost about $8, depending on the store/sale.

So, the winner...? For me, it's Pink Slip. I like that it's an all-in-one formula and it just looks nicer with my skintone. I think, anyway. :)

1 comment:

for the love of beauty by lara said...

so weird how they change the formulas hey? wat was wrong with the old bubble bath? i hav no idea -_-