Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NOTD Sally Hansen Pink Slip


I decided to test good ol' Sally's claims that her "Complete Salon Manicure" was a base coat, color, and top coat all in one. So, I slapped on three thin-ish coats to my bare nails and waited.

And waited.

Aaaaaaannd waited.

Five days later, my nails still looked perfect. Granted, they're not really long (long nails on me = bending = chipping), but I was still impressed to see that after five days, the color was doing great on its own. Then, I got bored at work and started picking at the little "ridge" that started to grow out from my cuticle... Bad habit, I know...

But I was really happy with how Pink Slip looked and lasted. Some people have complained bitterly that this streaks on them and I'll admit that it did take me three coats to get a completely opaque-streak free finish, but it wasn't like my world was crashing down because I had to do three coats - especially since I didn't do any bases or tops.

Likewise, some people have complained that it looks white as opposed to pink. Well, I guess to the naked eye, Pink Slip is on the milkier side of pink, but it's not the stark-white that it could have been. But that's what I love about it. It's not "Look at me - I'm PINK!" It's subtle. Sophisticated, even. Classy enough for any occasion, but demure enough for everyday wear. I'm definitely a fan and Pink Slip is here to stay in my collection.

No comments: