Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beauty Tag: Q & A

I just stumbled across this Q & A tag on another beauty blog and I thought I would pass it on. :)

SKINCARE

-How many times do you wash your face daily?
Once, really, at night. In the morning I just splash some water on my face.

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
It used to be combination, but now it's dry.

-What is your current facial wash?
Purpose Gentle Cleanser

-Do you exfoliate?
Everyday with my Olay spinny brush. And I use a glycolic acid a couple times a week.

-What brand do you use?
A lot. Purpose, Acne.org, H2O, Grassroots, Philosophy, Dermalogica, Clinique, Olay, Aveeno... I think that's about it.

-What moisturizer do you use?
Still on the hunt for the perfect one for winter. Lately I've been switching between Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough and Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance. Summertime is always H2O Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment, though.

-Do you have freckles?
Yep.

-Do you use eye cream?
When I remember. :) It's usually Grassroot's Blue Algae.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Unfortunately. And it seems to be getting worse as I get older. I like to think it's a lovely combination of stress and hormones.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Never tried it, only because I've heard the reviews aren't so hot.

MAKEUP

-What foundation do you use?
Clinique Perfectly Real

-How about concealer?
Face is Makeup Forever's Full Coverage. Undereye is Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roller.

-Do you know your undertone color?
Having had multiple SAs/MAs in multiple stores tell me a variety of things, I'm going with neutral, since no one can make up their minds.

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
They look nice, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've put them on. They're just too much of a PITA for me, personally.

-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes. Do I? It depends. I only have two mascaras in rotation (not including waterproof for "special" tear-jerking occasions), so when they dry up (which usually takes a couple months), then I pitch them.

-What brand of mascara do you use?
Cover Girl and Maybelline

-Sephora or MAC?
I'd have to say.... Sephora. I like variety.

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope.

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Everything from my fingers to sponges to brushes. And my brushes range from Sonia Kashuk to Clinique to MAC.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Usually. It's either MAC Paint Pot in Painterly or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

-For the face?
Nope.

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Can I just say brown? Anything in the taupe-bronze-copper range makes me happy.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Depends on the look. But usually pencil, because I'm lazy and it's quicker in the mornings.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Not often. My biggest issue is my eyes watering when I try to tightline.

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Love the concept/color payoff, but I find loose shadows to be annoying. Too much fallout.

-Do you use mineral makeup?
I used to, but then my skin started drying out, so I stopped.

-What is your favorite lipstick?
Either Flirt! in Dainty or Obsess, or Maybelline in Nearly There, or maybe Lancome's Pink Organza... it's really hard to say.

-How about lipgloss?
I don't really have a favorite. I just grab whatever.

-What is your favorite blush to use?
Probably Lancome Miel Glace or Clinique Iced Lotus

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No.

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes. I don't buy it exclusively, but there are some good products.

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
Yep!

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yeah, but I think I would get too nervous trying to put it on other people.

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Only on other people!

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Foundation masks. Blend that crap out, already!

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Neutral. Definitely.

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
Kate Winslet. Kate Walsh. Cate Blanchett. (Could I fit any more Kates on the list?) Dianna Agron. Nina Dobrev. Stana Katic.

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Mascara.

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
I have. Didn't like it. But they were emergencies, so I figured people wouldn't be judging too harshly.

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I lose definition in my features, which is what I don't like. I like seeing my eyelashes, for example.

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
It's really hard to say. I think each brand has some great hits and some terrible misses. It just depends on what you're in the market for.

-What do you think of Makeup??
I love it. It's fun. I love that it can build people up and give them confidence. No matter what anyone says, the first thing people notice is another person's face - why not put your best face forward?

No comments: