Monday, January 17, 2011

Skincare Haul



As I may have already mentioned a time or two, my skin has been freaking out lately. I'm not happy with it, but I think it's getting better. At an agonizingly slow rate. To help it along, I had myself a little skincare haul. Actually, it was three mini-hauls that I just lumped together for simplicity's sake. (Oh, and don't worry. I plan on doing a full review on all the products! :) )

First off, in the foreground, we have the Olay Professional Pro X Advanced Cleansing System aka: the Olay spinny brush.

Lying on top of that is the new (newish? I just heard about it recently, but I think it's only been out since the summer at most) Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller. Whew! What a name, but what a product!

In the back, starting from the left, there's the Olay Professional Pro X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser (renew, renewal... sensing a theme here?), followed by the Grassroots Vitamin C Brightening Serum (the review for that can actually be found here: link), H2O Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment, and American Beauty Beauty Boost Overnight Radiance Cream.

Like I said, I'll do an in depth review on everything later, but here's my initial thoughts.

So far, I've been using the Olay spinny brush for a week and I really like it. I'm still not so sure about the exfoliating cleanser.

The Garnier roller is pretty cool. I was skeptical about how well it would "tint" to match my skin, but it's surprisingly natural, even on someone as pale as me. We'll see how much "brightening" it does over the next few weeks.

The Face Oasis, Vitamin C serum, and Beauty Boost are all re-purchases for me because I ran out at one point or another. The Face Oasis is a summer staple for me. The Vitamin C serum is also equally nice for warm weather. And the Beauty Boost I used with great success a year ago, then stopped using it in favor of lighter/cheaper alternatives. But since my skin is so friggin' finicky, I've decided to go back to it and hope it will calm things down. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Hmm... I didn't know Olay had a spinny brush. Is it available at the drugstore? I'd like to try that out!

Ashley said...

Yep! I've seen it at Walgreens and Target. I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart and CVS have it too. I guess it came out *right* before Christmas.