Monday, January 10, 2011

LOTD Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick in Ms. Behavin'

So I was in the market for a vampy burgundy lipstick, but I didn't want anything too terribly drying. I already owned one lipstick from Benefit and I figured their glossy-lipstick hybrid might do the trick. ...Or not. It always amazes me how trick in-store lighting can really be.

It's $18 for a sleek black tube with white lettering and Benefit gives a tagline of "for the softest, sexiest lips." Umm.. sure. They also give a more indepth description of the "Silky Finish" line: Our flattering silky-finish lipsticks are sheer and buildable, so you can customize your look: a light wash of color for au natural gals or an amped-up POP of color for the drama queen in you!

I have a feeling Benefit has discontinued this color, since I couldn't find it or a description on the website. I would say it's a dark plum in the tube and a rusty burgundy on the skin. The thing I don't like about this whole line of lipsticks, in general? They have close to zero staying power.


Bare lips


Full on, straight out of the tube. Ah!!


Blotted down. Not so purple or glossy.

Swatches of both versions - full on and blotted down.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Yeah, it looks a little too slippery to have good staying power. And for $18! Yeash! lol

Thanks for sharing!