Monday, January 10, 2011

Grassroots Vitamin C Brightening Serum


I was a little late to the Vitamin C bandwagon, but I'm finally caught up! Skin experts across the board swear by the powers of Vitamin C and I feel like just about every skincare line totes some product with a nod toward the citrus family. Grassroots is no exception.

As usual, I was wandering through Kohl's one day this past summer (I seem to always be at Kohl's... it's kind of like Wal-Mart for me. I'm usually there at least once or twice a month.) and I saw the bright orange display from the end of the aisle. I figured since I was approaching the middle of my twenties, I might want to start thinking about this Vitamin C thing. And really, who can't use a little extra brightening?

Grassroots offers both a Brightening Serum as well as a Brightening Cream with SPF 25. I try to stay away from creams whenever possible, so I opted for the serum to use under my regular moisturizer.

For $32.50, you get 1 oz of milky white, magical Vitamin C serum. But, being Kohl's, you can usually pick it up for much cheaper. By comparison, Mary Kay offers four .25 oz vials of vitamin C at a whopping $55 a pop. Yeouch!

Price aside, I'm pretty sure the serum works, but it hasn't been a life-changing miracle product for me. The changes have definitely been on the subtle side. I tend to think my skin looks more even when I use it versus when I don't and I like that I'm doing something good for my skin. I also like that the serum is slightly moisturizing in and of itself, which meant that when it was really hot out in Po'Dunk, I didn't have to use a daytime moisturizer.

I'm sorry to say I can't actually remember when I bought it, but I know it was this past summer. I used one to two pumps every morning since purchasing it. It's now January and I'm finally out (not too shabby for only 1 oz!) and I'm pretty sure I'll be repurchasing it Wednesday when my 20% off coupon goes into effect. :)

No comments: