Saturday, December 4, 2010

NOTD Sally Hansen Angel Wings

Since my nails are uber-short again, I opted for something with a little bit of sheen/shimmer that wouldn't draw huge amounts of attention to them while they're growing back out.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish claims to be a basecoat, color, and topcoat all-in-one. I still put a coat of Salon Sciences Instant Artificials underneath before applying two coats of color. I did, however, skip a top coat, because I was feeling incredibly lazy and I find that this line of colors doesn't take too terribly long to dry.

Angel Wings is definitely one of the most sheer colors in the line. On me, it looks like a pale pink/lilac irridescence with silver and light green sparkles in it. For people that want "POW! Look at me!" nails, Angel Wings is not for you. But for people that want a little something more than a clear coat, it's a nice, subtle shade that goes with pretty much everything. A word to the wise, though: removing it can be a PITA because of the shimmer. It doesn't feel gritty when it's on your nail, but when you try removing it, the shimmer sticks like no other.


1 comment:

Barbie said...

It's a cute color, but I'm not a fan of sheer colors like that. I'd probably put a few coats of pale pink or something underneath and put that over top. I ALWAYS have my nails painted, and underneath the polish are some scary nails! lol