Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nivea A Kiss of Relief SOS Lip Care



Nivea (and Labello) is another one of those brands that seems to have a huge cult following, so naturally, I was intrigued. One day I was having a lack-of-lip-balm panic attack and I snatched this one off of the Wal-Mart shelf and put it to the test.

What Nivea claims: The intensive formula of NIVEA SOS lip balm with precious calendula oil and caring dexpanthenol helps to immediately repair and sooth irritated lips. SOS lip balm provides instant relief to lips dried by wind and weather. It also protects cracked or chapped lips, leaving them soft and healthy looking.

I don't know about repairing my lips, but it does feel nice when I put it on. The product, like the tube, is white, but it doesn't distort your lip color in any way. I'd say it's part liquid, part cream, but doesn't leave your lips feeling oily or waxy. There is a smell to it that I liken to the "Nivea smell." It's really kind of hard for me to describe... kind of like a flowery synthetic. It's not terribly overpowering and it seems to fade rather quickly. There is a slight plastic taste (in my opinion), but that's also overlooked since I usually use this at night before bed.

It has a slant tip applicator and a screw-on cap. I think it cost around $2 or $3. For severely dry/chapped lips, I would say this does a good job of re-hydrating them, but it is a little intense for everyday/all-seasons use.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

I might have to try this. If it's intense for everyday, maybe I could put it on at night. My lips peel bad. lol

Thanks for sharing!