Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Swatch Wars!

In our next installment of Swatch Wars, I'm pitting Urban Decay against itself.

Sellout VS Sin.

Who will come out on top?

Dun, dun, duuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!


Sellout is on the left. Sin is the second "strip" of eyeshadow from the bottom (Sorry I don't own it individually...)

Sellout just chillin' in the sunlight.

Sin is the second from the left. Also chillin' in the sun.

Sellout, Sin. In sunlight.

Sellout, Sin - another sunlight shot.
Sellout, Sin. Still trying to capture the shimmery, glowiness of them...

So, Urban Decay says that Sellout is a "pink champagne shimmer" whereas Sin is just a mere "champagne."

In their respective pans, they look almost identical, but on my skin, Sin is just a smidgen darker and more peachy colored than Sellout. When I went to purchase a "my lid but better" color in Ulta one day, I literally stood in front of the display for over ten minutes, trying to decide which one I wanted. I finally opted for Sellout because it was ever-so-slightly more shimmery in person. For example, the first time I wore it out, my hubby told me my eyes looked like pearls. It might sound like a weird compliment, but that's what I was going for. A subtle sheen that just made me look bright-eyed and glowy. Swoon!

They're both $17 for 0.05 oz.

The winner? Well, considering that I ended up purchasing Sellout first, I'd have to say Sellout....

But! When I saw Sin was in the Naked palette, I was super excited. I really hemmed and hawwed over which one to get, so I'm really happy that I have both of them now. I like to use Sellout by itself with black liquid eyeliner and I use Sin when I use the Naked palette, since, you know, they're kind of designed to go together.





1 comment:

Barbie said...

Yeah, not a huge difference! Good post!