Sunday, November 21, 2010

Smokey Blues FOTD

First off, please excuse my hair. I decided just to "scrunch" it and it was still a little damp and all over the place.

Ok, now that that's out of the way. :) This is my "Thanksgiving Day" look. It's Sunday, I know. But I'm working on Thanksgiving and I actually wanted to, you know, see my family, so we opted to have Turkey Day today. Since I was wearing brown, I thought I'd switch up my eyes and go with a smokey blue.



Face
Foundation: American Beauty Perfectly Even Natural Finish in Fair/Cool
Concealer: MAC Studio Finish in NW15
Powder: Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder in Translucent Fair 105
Blush: Lancome Blush Subtil Sheer in Sheer Amourose
Undereye concealer: MAC Studio Finish in NW15
Undereye powder: Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder in Translucent Fair 105

Eyes
Primer: I just dabbed some foundation there
For the eyeshadow, I only used Almay Intense i-color Trio for Blue Eyes in 032
Lid color: Shimmery gray
Highlight: Pale pink with blue iridescence
Crease color: Dark blue
Liner on top: L'Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner in Black, topped with a random black eyeshadow
Liner on bottom: L'Oreal Pencil Perfect in Paris Blue, topped with the dark blue eyeshadow from the Almay trio
Mascara: Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume in Blackest Black

Lips
Lipstick: Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Bamboo Pink

Bonus pics!! I snatched my cat as he was walking by and the hubby kept taking pictures. It's with great pleasure that I present to you my cantankerous old man, Broon - aka, Broonie. He looks peeved in the first picture, but he started mellowing out by the second one. Oh, and please excuse the tower of plastic cups in the back... we were looking for something in the cabinets and forgot about them. Whoops!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Aw, your husband takes the pictures?! So cute!

That shade of blue looks great on you! Kind of looks like the Gunmetal shade from the UD Naked Palette.

Good post!

Ashley said...

Yeah, he does. I can never get the angle right. :(

Oo! You're right! I'll have to swatch them side by side. Thanks for the idea!