Saturday, November 20, 2010

Palladio Eye Ink Update


In my post on liquid eyeliners (here), I told everyone about my new found love of Palladio's Eye Ink liquid eyeliner. I'm here to retract that statement.

Almost one month to the day of posting my first review, my thoughts on Eye Ink have done a complete 180. I went to use it today and found that the product wasn't coming out of the felt tip. I shook it again, a little harder, and tried again. Nothing. More shaking continued.

Shake, shake, shake... Shake shake, shake... Shake your boo-
Ahem. Sorry.

No matter how much I shook it or tried swatching it on the back of my hand, the ink simply refused to come out as nicely as it did before. It would either come out as a pathetic gray stripe at the very tip, or it would glob out (literally!) from the part where the felt tip connects with the plastic part.

Admittedly, I've only used it a couple of times (just because I'm usually in a hurry and don't have the time/patience to mess with liquid eyeliner, no matter how easy/convenient the pen/brush is). So, I know it can't have run out of product. The fact that it was globbing onto the back of my hand when I smashed the felt tip against my skin was proof enough that there was stuff in there. And it's not like I line my eyes like Amy Winehouse or Taylor Momsen... I'm sure you can tell by the few FOTDs I've posted that I'm more of a classic/neutral kind of gal. Emo just isn't my thing.

Oh, and the silver writing on the outside of the packaging has already rubbed off, almost completely. Just another thing that irks me.

I've never had an eye liner do this to me before and I'm really, really aggravated because of how much I liked it initially. I don't know if I just had a bad batch or what, but I'm not buying any more Eye Inks. Getting 3 or 4 good uses out of it isn't worth it when I've had other liquid eyeliners last me almost a year! I always cap everything as tightly as humanly possible, so that can't be the reason either. I really am quite baffled, not to mention disappointed.

No comments: