Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nude Lipsticks

Today I present nude lipsticks! My lips aren't very pigmented to start with and being so fair, I have to be careful that I don't look dead. I tend to go for the pinky/peachy nudes with a hint of brown. Here are my four favorites and two least favorites.

From left to right:
Lancome Color Design Oh My! - peachy color with micro glitter. It does feel a little gritty on the lips, but it's such a pretty color that I can overlook that.
Flirt Chickstick Obsess - pinky/brownish nude creme.
Revlon Color Burst Soft Nude - soft peach color that doesn't turn too orange on me.
Maybelline Color Sensational Nearly There - pinky/brownish nude that's a little more sheer and shimmery looking than the Flirt color.


Now my two least favorite nudes:
Revlon Matte Nude Attitude - orange city! It's like smearing orange concealer all over your lips. It's dry, flaky, and not at all flattering on someone with my coloring.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Just Enough Buff - It's Nude Attitude's "lustrous" sister. Instead of being drying, though, it's super sheer. It took me six swipes to get the color to show up and when it finally does, it's the same unflattering orange. This is also the same color Halle Berry wears in some of the Revlon ads and I don't even think it looks good on her. It just goes to show you that you should really do your research before you buy makeup...

No comments: